The spire of the Park Parish Church in Glasgow's Park Circus.

 

The white painted tower of the Park Parish Church in Lyndoch Place, Glasgow  is picked out by the early morning light. Designed by John Thomas Rochead and built in 1856-1857, it stands next to to the towers of the Italian inspired Trinity College which is now  home to luxury flats. The tower to the right is part of the magnificent University of Glasgow. The church was one of the richest in Glasgow   when the area around Park Circus housed many of Glasgow's sucessful merchants, but in 1969 was partly demolished.

 

a page from   themansfields.org.uk

Copyright picture by Stephen Mansfield